We are a small practice that specialises in small to medium sized bespoke projects and conservation architecture and heritage architecture work.
We have had a busy year to date having completed on site a substantial office fit out for Athletics Ireland (photos coming soon) and an extension to the Daoine Óga childcare facility in Navan.
We carried out a significant amount of conservation work in 2018 including conservation architect consultancy work for Waterways Ireland, Westmeath County Council, Malcolm Hollis Building Consultants, Drogheda Port Company, Smarmore Castle Rehabilitation Centre and The Cliff at Lyons Hotel, Celbridge. Conservation projects ongoing in 2019 include the consolidation of the Old Gaol Wall, Trim and reinstatement of the outbuildings at Ardbraccan Glebe, Navan.
About Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects Dublin
Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- the future of living in period historic houses
- The Upper Leeson Street Area Residents Association (ULSARA) have celebrated their 50th anniversary with the publication of a book of essays which describe the history and character of the area as well as the associations fight against uncontrolled development in the 1960s in the area. We were delighted to contribute to the publication with a […] Read more – ‘the future of living in period historic houses’.
- athletics ireland office fit out
- We collaborated with www.adamson.ie on another original project to design a new office fit out for Athletics Ireland, the national governing body for Athletics in Ireland. We sought to create an interior working space that reflected the ethos and identity of the sports body. Playful elements within the interior reflect the volunteer ethos of the […] Read more – ‘athletics ireland office fit out’.
- land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal
- We are thrilled to have had our extension/refurbishment a land commission cottage in Garristown, Fingal featured on the cover of the summer 2017 edition of Selfbuild magazine. The project retained the proportions and layout of the original house re-organised around a new entrance hall with a contemporary main living space the rear. Although the rear of […] Read more – ‘land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal’.