We are an architectural practice that specialises in conservation & heritage projects and consultancy services to design teams.
Recent projects included consultancy work for Waterways Ireland, Westmeath County Council, Malcolm Hollis Building Consultants, Drogheda Port Company, The Cliff at Lyons Hotel, Celbridge, DMOD Architects, OMS Architects, John Fleming Architects, Downey Planning and Savills Ireland.
Conservation projects currently on site in 2021 include the roof restoration of St. David’s Castle in Naas, works to Castlesize House in Co. Kildare, Smarmore Castle Extended Care Unit and the consolidation of the Old Gaol Wall, Trim.
Please feel free to get in contact with us if you wish you discuss your heritage project.
About Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects Dublin
Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- The white castle, athy conservation management plan
- Athy is an Anglo-Norman town located at one of the principal bridges across the river Barrow which separated the Gaelic Irish of the midlands from the more Protestant controlled lands to the east of the river and closer to the Pale. The town was therefore subject to attack from the native Irish from the 14-16th […] Read more – ‘The white castle, athy conservation management plan’.
- how to insulate old house walls
- Above: (Left to right) Calcitherm Caclium Silicate board, Gutex wood fibre board, Remmers iQtherm board, Diasen Diathonite While many of our traditional buildings have been sitting inefficient and unmolested for several hundred years, the development of improved energy standards and thermal comfort levels in modern buildings in recent years has created a new benchmark against which […] Read more – ‘how to insulate old house walls’.
- buildings conservation reports
- There are various types of conservation reports that typically get commissioned for heritage buildings: Architectural Heritage Impact Assessments (AHIA) This type of report typically accompanies a planning application to a Protected Structure. The report assesses the impact of the proposed development on the building and may recommend mitigation measures and include appropriate conservation method statements […] Read more – ‘buildings conservation reports’.