Current work in hand – 2023
We are an architectural practice that specialises in conservation & heritage projects and consultancy services to design teams.
Recent projects included consultancy work for BAM/TII, Ardstone Capital, Evergreen Marine, Waterways Ireland, Westmeath, Kildare & Louth County Councils, Malcolm Hollis Building Consultants, Drogheda Port Company, The Cliff at Lyons Hotel, Celbridge, DMOD Architects, OMS Architects, John Fleming Architects, Downey Planning and Savills Building Consultancy.
Conservation projects currently on site in 2023 to which we are providing consultancy input include ongoing works at St. David’s Castle in Naas and a large programme of conservation and alteration works to Castlesize House in Co. Kildare.
Please feel free to get in contact with us if you wish you discuss your heritage project.
Follow Fergal on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fergal-mcgirl-4066544/
About Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects Dublin
Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- how to insulate and ventilate old house roofs
- The roofspace can often present the “low hanging fruit” in terms of energy upgrade potential in a historic building by comparison with other heat loss elements such as walls, windows and floors. Unless the roof presents itself as a cold roof with a large accessible attic working space and a flat ceiling which can easily […] Read more – ‘how to insulate and ventilate old house roofs’.
- The white castle, athy conservation management plan
- Athy is an Anglo-Norman town located at one of the principal bridges across the river Barrow which separated the Gaelic Irish of the midlands from the more Protestant controlled lands to the east of the river and closer to the Pale. The town was therefore subject to attack from the native Irish from the 14-16th […] Read more – ‘The white castle, athy conservation management plan’.
- how to insulate old house walls
- Above: (Left to right) Calcitherm Caclium Silicate board, Gutex wood fibre board, Remmers iQtherm board, Diasen Diathonite While many of our traditional buildings have been sitting inefficient and unmolested for several hundred years, the development of improved energy standards and thermal comfort levels in modern buildings in recent years has created a new benchmark against which […] Read more – ‘how to insulate old house walls’.