The office in North Great Georges Street is current closed due to the situation with Covid-19 however we are keeping busy working at home as things start to recover. Please forward all queries to the office email address on the contact page or call us on the office phone number which is diverted. Keep safe, look after your neighbours and we will all get through this together!
We are an architectural practice that specialises in small to medium sized bespoke projects and conservation & heritage architectural work.
We have had a busy year to in 2019 having completed a substantial office fit out for Athletics Ireland and an extension to the Daoine Óga childcare facility in Navan.
We carried out a significant amount of conservation work recently including conservation architect consultancy work for Waterways Ireland, Westmeath County Council, Malcolm Hollis Building Consultants, Drogheda Port Company, The Cliff at Lyons Hotel, Celbridge, DMOD Architects, OMS Architects and Downey Planning.
Conservation projects on site or due to go on site in 2020 include Smarmore Castle Extended Care Unit, the consolidation of the Old Gaol Wall, Trim, a mews house at Lower Leeson Street Dublin 2, facade reinstatement work on South William Street, Dublin 2 for Savills Ireland and consolidation works to The White Castle, Athy.
About Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects Dublin
Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- how to insulate old house walls
- Above: (Left to right) Calcitherm Caclium Silicate board, Gutex wood fibre board, Remmers iQtherm board, Diasen Diathonite While many of our traditional buildings have been sitting inefficient and unmolested for several hundred years, the development of improved energy standards and thermal comfort levels in modern buildings in recent years has created a new benchmark against which […] Read more – ‘how to insulate old house walls’.
- buildings conservation reports
- There are various types of conservation reports that typically get commissioned for heritage buildings: Architectural Heritage Impact Assessments (AHIA) This type of report typically accompanies a planning application to a Protected Structure. The report assesses the impact of the proposed development on the building and may recommend mitigation measures and include appropriate conservation method statements […] Read more – ‘buildings conservation reports’.
- oldcastle, co. meath former RIC barracks building
- The Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) was the police force in Ireland (outside Dublin) from the early 19th century until 1922. From the 1850s the RIC performed a range of civil and local government duties together with their policing, integrating the constables with their local communities. While “barracks” in cities resembled those of the British Army, […] Read more – ‘oldcastle, co. meath former RIC barracks building’.