We are an architectural practice that specialises in small to medium sized bespoke projects and conservation & heritage architectural work.
We have had a busy year to date having completed on site a substantial office fit out for Athletics Ireland (photos coming soon) and an extension to the Daoine Óga childcare facility in Navan.
We carried out a significant amount of conservation work in 2018 including conservation architect consultancy work for Waterways Ireland, Westmeath County Council, Malcolm Hollis Building Consultants, Drogheda Port Company, Smarmore Castle Rehabilitation Centre and The Cliff at Lyons Hotel, Celbridge. Conservation projects ongoing in 2019 include the consolidation of the Old Gaol Wall, Trim and reinstatement of the outbuildings at Ardbraccan Glebe, Navan.
About Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects Dublin
Fergal McGirl Conservation Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- raheeny extension design
- An extension and energy upgrade project to a house in Raheeny has just had applied for planning permission with Dublin City Council with a programme to go on site in Spring 2020. The works extend the house to modern standards and the energy upgrade is expected to improve the energy performance of the house to […] Read more – ‘raheeny extension design’.
- meath extension design featured in self building magazine
- Our extension to a house in Dunboyne, Co. Meath has featured in the Winter edition of Selfbuild Magazine. The extension replaces a previous extension from the 1990s to create a large open plan living space and studio space with wide aspect to a landscaped garden for a photographer and his family. Read more – ‘meath extension design featured in self building magazine’.
- victorian railings reinstatement between the centuries
- We were looking at railing reinstatement work to 19 Gardiner Street Upper recently. The terrace of which it forms part is located at a typical fault line between the earlier 18th century Georgian development of the Mountjoy Square area and the Victorian development of Gardiner Street Upper further north which took place some 80-100 […] Read more – ‘victorian railings reinstatement between the centuries’.