We are a small practice that specialises in small to medium sized bespoke projects and conservation/heritage work.
We have had a busy year to date having completed on site a substantial office fit out for Athletics Ireland (photos coming soon) and an extension to the Daoine Óga childcare facility in Navan.
We carried out a significant amount of conservation work in 2018 including consultancy work for Waterways Ireland, Westmeath County Council, Malcolm Hollis Building Consultants, Drogheda Port Company, Smarmore Castle Rehabilitation Centre and The Cliff at Lyons Hotel, Celbridge. Conservation projects ongoing in 2019 include the consolidation of the Old Gaol Wall, Trim and reinstatement of the outbuildings at Ardbraccan Glebe, Navan.
About Fergal McGirl Architects
Fergal McGirl Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- cherishing heritage preserving community
- The Upper Leeson Street Area Residents Association (ULSARA) have celebrated their 50th anniversary with the publication of a book of essays which describe the history and character of the area as well as the associations fight against uncontrolled development in the 1960s in the area. We were delighted to contribute to the publication with a […] Read more – ‘cherishing heritage preserving community’.
- land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal
- We are thrilled to have had our extension/refurbishment a land commission cottage in Garristown, Fingal featured on the cover of the summer 2017 edition of Selfbuild magazine. The project retained the proportions and layout of the original house re-organised around a new entrance hall with a contemporary main living space the rear. Although the rear of […] Read more – ‘land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal’.
- when was my house built?
- An article we did for the Sunday Independent Architect’s Advice column in September 2017. How do I find out when my house was built? – Independent.ie Read more – ‘when was my house built?’.