Our workload has increased significantly this year with a return to working on several commercial housing developments. We have had several residential projects on site this summer which we are hoping to have photographed and added to the website soon.
Fergal gave presentations to period home owners at the RIAI stage in the Autumn Ideal Home Show and we have a significant amount of conservation work in hand including a post fire-damage strategy to Carstown House, Drogheda and extensions to period houses in Dublin.
We are hoping to finalise our input to “Built to Last”, a study for Dublin City Council examining the energy characteristics and retrofit potential of pre-1945 Dublin housing stock which we hope will be published in early 2018.
About Fergal McGirl Architects
Fergal McGirl Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- when was my house built?
- An article we did for the Sunday Independent Architect’s Advice column in September 2017. How do I find out when my house was built? – Independent.ie Read more – ‘when was my house built?’.
- land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal
- We are thrilled to have had our extension/refurbishment a land commission cottage in Garristown, Fingal featured on the cover of the summer 2017 edition of Selfbuild magazine. The project retained the proportions and layout of the original house re-organised around a new entrance hall with a contemporary main living space the rear. Although the rear of […] Read more – ‘land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal’.
- how to research the history of your house – sunday independent architect’s advice column
- We prepared an article for last Sunday’s Sunday Independent on an approach to researching historic homes. For those that missed it, the text can downloaded below. How do I find out about the history of my house? Read more – ‘how to research the history of your house – sunday independent architect’s advice column’.