Our workload has increased significantly over the last eighteen months with a return to working on several commercial housing developments in Meath. A scheme for 51 housing units in Johnstown, Navan has been recently lodged.
We have a significant amount of conservation work in hand including consultancy work for Waterways Ireland, Westmeath County Council, Malcolm Hollis Building Consultants, Drogheda Port Company, Smarmore Castle Rehabilitation Centre and The Cliff at Lyons Hotel, Celbridge as well as several of our own projects with period houses in Dublin.
We are hoping to finalise our input to “Built to Last”, a study for Dublin City Council examining the energy characteristics and retrofit potential of pre-1945 Dublin housing stock which we hope will be published towards the end of 2018.
About Fergal McGirl Architects
Fergal McGirl Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- housing scheme, navan 2018 planning application lodged
- We have just lodged an application for 51 housing units at Johnstown, Navan. The development integrates local features including a protected tree belt, gatelodge and entrance gates with most units having a direct aspect to an amenity area of open space. Read more – ‘housing scheme, navan 2018 planning application lodged’.
- land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal
- We are thrilled to have had our extension/refurbishment a land commission cottage in Garristown, Fingal featured on the cover of the summer 2017 edition of Selfbuild magazine. The project retained the proportions and layout of the original house re-organised around a new entrance hall with a contemporary main living space the rear. Although the rear of […] Read more – ‘land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal’.
- when was my house built?
- An article we did for the Sunday Independent Architect’s Advice column in September 2017. How do I find out when my house was built? – Independent.ie Read more – ‘when was my house built?’.