Our workload has increased significantly over the last eighteen months with a return to working on several commercial housing developments in Meath. A scheme for 51 housing units in Johnstown, Navan has been recently granted planning permission.
We have carried out a significant amount of conservation work in 2018 to date including consultancy work for Waterways Ireland, Westmeath County Council, Malcolm Hollis Building Consultants, Drogheda Port Company, Smarmore Castle Rehabilitation Centre and The Cliff at Lyons Hotel, Celbridge as well as several of our own projects with period houses in Dublin.
We are hoping to finalise our input to “Built to Last”, a study for Dublin City Council examining the energy characteristics and retrofit potential of pre-1945 Dublin housing stock which we hope will be published towards the end of 2018.
About Fergal McGirl Architects
Fergal McGirl Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- cherishing heritage preserving community
- The Upper Leeson Street Area Residents Association (ULSARA) have celebrated their 50th anniversary with the publication of a book of essays which describe the history and character of the area as well as the associations fight against uncontrolled development in the 1960s in the area. We were delighted to contribute to the publication with a […] Read more – ‘cherishing heritage preserving community’.
- housing development, kilcarn, navan
- We have received planning permission for a development or 51 housing units at Johnstown, Navan. The development integrates local features including a protected tree belt, protected gatelodge and entrance gates with most units having a direct aspect to an amenity area of open space. Read more – ‘housing development, kilcarn, navan’.
- land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal
- We are thrilled to have had our extension/refurbishment a land commission cottage in Garristown, Fingal featured on the cover of the summer 2017 edition of Selfbuild magazine. The project retained the proportions and layout of the original house re-organised around a new entrance hall with a contemporary main living space the rear. Although the rear of […] Read more – ‘land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal’.