Our workload has increased significantly over the last eighteen months with a return to working on several commercial housing developments in Meath.
We have a significant amount of conservation work in hand including a post fire-damage strategy to Carstown House, Drogheda and extensions to period houses in Dublin.
We are hoping to finalise our input to “Built to Last”, a study for Dublin City Council examining the energy characteristics and retrofit potential of pre-1945 Dublin housing stock which we hope will be published in early 2018.
About Fergal McGirl Architects
Fergal McGirl Architects based in Dublin. Learn more
- land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal
- We are thrilled to have had our extension/refurbishment a land commission cottage in Garristown, Fingal featured on the cover of the summer 2017 edition of Selfbuild magazine. The project retained the proportions and layout of the original house re-organised around a new entrance hall with a contemporary main living space the rear. Although the rear of […] Read more – ‘land commission cottage extension, garristown, fingal’.
- when was my house built?
- An article we did for the Sunday Independent Architect’s Advice column in September 2017. How do I find out when my house was built? – Independent.ie Read more – ‘when was my house built?’.
- how to research the history of your house – sunday independent architect’s advice column
- We prepared an article for last Sunday’s Sunday Independent on an approach to researching historic homes. For those that missed it, the text can downloaded below. How do I find out about the history of my house? Read more – ‘how to research the history of your house – sunday independent architect’s advice column’.